Dartmouth Commencement 2014
June 03, 2014 by Office of Communications
Dartmouth said farewell to the Class of 2014 with Commencement ceremonies on the Green on Sunday, June 8, the culmination of a full weekend of events. Shonda Rhimes ’91, the creative force behind several acclaimed television series, including the current ABC hit Scandal, gave the Commencement address. Find more information about the 2014 Commencement at the official website.
- Shonda Rhimes '91, Commencement Address
- Natalie J. Salmanowitz, Valedictory to the College
- President Phil Hanlon '77, Valedictory to the Graduating Students
Honorary Degree Citations:
- Shonda Rhimes '91 (Doctor of Arts)
- Eric Foner (Doctor of Humane Letters)
- Margaret Geller (Doctor of Science)
- David Kelley (Doctor of Science)
- Zakes Mda (Doctor of Arts)
- Dartmouth Honors Five Valedictorians and Five Salutatorians
- Shonda Rhimes ’91: Insight and Inspiration From a TV Icon
- Commencement Notes for the Dartmouth Class of 2014
- Baccalaureate 2014: ‘One Light, Many Candles’
- Portraits of Leadership: 2014 Student Marshals
- Joining the Ranks: Dartmouth Military Officers Commissioned
- TV Producer Shonda Rhimes ’91 to Speak at Commencement
Dartmouth Now Profiles Members of the Class of 2014 As the Class of 2014 says goodbye, Dartmouth Now profiles some of the College’s newest graduates, including future health care workers, naturalists, teachers, architects, and historians.
- Art Made and Chosen by Students Adorns Parkhurst Walls
- Kevin Price ’14: From War Zone to End Zone
- Fellowship Winners Headed Abroad to Study, Research, Teach
- Nina Montgomery ’14: Classics Research Illuminates Roman History
- Nick O’Leary ’14: Researching the World of Theater
- Melinda Marlén Agron ’14: Researching Architectural Spaces
- Ryan Hueston ’14: A Creative Spirit
- Liliana Ma ’14: On Research and Thinking Outside the Box
- Celeste Winston ’14: Researching Urban Racial Dynamics
- The Naturalist
- Students Perform Their Own Shows: Dance, Magic and More
- Out of Nowhere
- Video: Can a Class Become a Business?
- Vox Populi: Relishing My Very Last Term at Dartmouth
- Dartmouth Senior Wins Carnegie Foundation Fellowship
- Women’s Hockey Goaltender Lindsay Holdcroft ’14 ‘Plays Big’
- Fitness and Healing: Undergraduate, Alumna Work Together
Catch a glimpse of the festivities in the slideshow below, or view it on Dartmouth’s Flickr channel.
- Follow Dartmouth’s Commencement on Twitter at hashtag #Dartmouth14
- Join Dartmouth’s Facebook page for Commencement updates
- Post your Commencement photos on Instagram with the hashtag #Dartmouth14
- The First Dartmouth Commencement
- What is the medal the president wears during Commencement?
- How are honorary degree recipients selected?
- Photos: Heirlooms and Artifacts
- What are the names of all of Dartmouth's Commencement speakers?
- What is the large silver cup seen on stage during the Commencement ceremony?
- What is the podium that is used at Commencement?
- Are Dartmouth diplomas printed on paper or parchment?
- What do the flags on the Green during Commencement stand for?
- What's the story with those walking sticks?
Timelapse of Dartmouth's 2014 Commencement Ceremony