Presidential Search Committee Chairs to Host Campus Forums May 17
May 08, 2012 by Office of Public Affairs
Dartmouth’s Presidential Search Committee chairs will begin gathering feedback on the qualities the committee should seek in the 18th president of Dartmouth at three open forums on campus. The following forums will be held on Thursday, May 17:
- 10–11 a.m., staff forum, Dartmouth Hall 105
- 4:30–5:30 p.m., faculty forum (all faculty in the Arts and Sciences and professional schools), Dartmouth Hall 105
- 8:30–9:30 p.m., student forum (all students in undergraduate, graduate, and professional school programs), Dartmouth Hall 105
Bill Helman ’80
Trustees Bill Helman ’80 and Diana Taylor ’77, chair and vice-chair of the Presidential Search Committee, respectively, and Steve Mandel ’78, chair of the Board of Trustees, will together host the three forums. The search chairs also plan to offer opportunities for alumni to provide input as the search gets under way.
“These forums are integral to our effort to reach out and involve the campus community,” says Helman. “Diana, Steve, and I look forward to meeting with students, faculty, and staff and hearing what qualities in a president you believe will best serve Dartmouth.”
Diana Taylor ’77
The forums invite attendees to share their thoughts on key questions about leadership characteristics and the future of Dartmouth, including:
- What do you see as Dartmouth’s significant opportunities and challenges over the next few years that a new president must address?
- What qualities of leadership should the next president have in order to ensure Dartmouth’s continued preeminence in higher education?
- Are there other considerations for the search that you would like to share with the committee?
Steve Mandel ’78
Additionally, comments about the search may be submitted at the Dartmouth Presidential Search website. All input will be collected confidentially and shared with the search committee.
Further details about the committee’s mandate and composition will be shared in the coming weeks.