In anticipation of Hurricane Irene’s arrival in the Hanover, N.H., area this evening, the following safety measures are being undertaken.
- Dartmouth is encouraging students to remain indoors for the duration of the storm’s presence.
- Exams scheduled for Sunday and the first exam period on Monday morning have been postponed and rescheduled for Tuesday. Dartmouth will work with students to help with alternative travel plans if necessary.
- All athletic practices have been cancelled for Sunday.
- Food and water is being provided free of charge this afternoon to enable students to stock up for the storm.
- Staff members will remain in all residence halls to answer questions or address issues should they arise during the storm.
- In the event power is lost and/or the Internet goes down, information and announcements will be posted on first floor bulletin boards in each residence hall.
- The first Dartmouth Outing Club First-Year Trip for incoming students is not scheduled until Wednesday. As of now, it will proceed as planned. The College will reassess after the storm to determine whether a postponement is necessary.
- Emergency shelter has been identified for students should it be needed.
Dartmouth encourages students and parents to develop an emergency plan in the event that communication is difficult or impossible during or after the storm.
Please continue to consult the Dartmouth home page for updates.